Don D. Patterson is an accomplished real estate development professional excelling in a variety of areas to include pre-development, conceptual planning, preliminary engineering, financing, construction administration, lease up, and construction close out. He currently serves as the President of REVA Development Corp, a 501c3 nonprofit organization and Managing Partner with MFK|REVA Development, LLC.
In support of artists, families, and small business, REVA incorporates a comprehensive approach to housing and economic development within neighborhood revitalization programs.
Don has been involved in revitalizing neighborhoods in Broward and Miami-Dade since 2004 and is responsible for nearly 1,000 affordable rental units. Don describes himself as a Community Developer and Civic Entrepreneur involved in reviving under invested neighborhoods; providing quality resources in real estate development to facilitate the creation of unique, vibrant and sustainable housing and commercial real estate development.
Mr. Patterson began real estate development career as Pre-Development Manager for Fairfield Residential, LLC. Don was in charge of performing due diligence on prospective site, conceptual planning, and preliminary engineering of more than 2,000 units of new multifamily construction ($223 million). He also performed as Florida Regional Land Development Manager for Toll Brothers, Inc., responsible for infrastructure and site development of 475 single-family homes, and Project Manager for development of Extended Stay America Hotels. Mr. Patterson has an extensive background in civil engineering, performing as Engineering Project Manager, Construction Project Manager, and ultimately assigned as Miami Regional Area Manager for a nationally recognized full service civil engineering firm.
Mr. Patterson has a B.S. degree in Business Administration from National University San Diego with relevant continued education to include Florida Real Estate Sales Associate License course work, Urban Land Institute (ULI), Financing Housing Coalition, and a variety of other certificate programs related to community and real estate development.
Organization and Associations
- Urban Philanthropies, Board Member
- Community Reinvestment Alliance of South Florida (CRASF), Board Member
- South Florida Community Development Coalition, Former Board Member
- Broward Alliance for Neighborhood Development (B.A.N.D), Founding Board Member
- Florida Alliance of Community Development Corporations, Former Board Member
- Miami Historic Overtown Folk Life District Improvement Association, Former Board Secretary
- Broward County Diversity Advisory Council, Former Vice Chairman
- City of Coconut Creek Planning and Zoning Board, Former Board Member